Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Busy November - Comings and Goings


We spent a day working with the Taa Khmau elders and sisters-- here is Sis. Moon with the sisters preparing to head out on their bikes.  It was a wonderful day and we had many spiritual experiences and interesting visits.











We went with Elders Ott and Sorensen to Stean Mean Chey to visit the family of Sis. Kong, one of our missionaries-- this is her family.  It was raining heavily and the lower level of their home and surrounding area was flooded, so waded in a foot and a half of water to get to their stairs.  We enjoyed visiting their family, and the elders taught a wonderful lesson about the parable of the house built on the sand vs. house built on the rock and importance of doing vs. just saying we believe.














New missionaries arrive Nov 2nd from Provo MTC -- we had 1 sister and 11 elders, plus 3 missionaries from the Manila MTC arrive the same day.








Farewell dinner with Elders Ott, Humperys, and Tran, and Elder Ott's family.








A group of families and members take the "wagon" ride to church in Battambang!








We bid a fond farewell to Elder & Sister Spencer at the airport in November.  We will miss them-- they have been a great help and strength to the church here during the 2 years they have served.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Sister Moon!
    My name's Emily Strobell and I was actually called to serve in the Cambodia Phnom Penh mission. I served 11 weeks in the MTC from February through May before being honorably released to deal with medical issues. Sister Vom was in my MTC group and if it's alright with you I'd like to be able to print out a copy of the second picture in this post. I think it's a beautiful picture of mission work in Cambodia and it helps me picture myself there. Thank you for all you do and I'm so glad I can follow the happenings of mission work in Cambodia.

    ReplyDelete